Diet and FitnessEmotional HealthMental HealthMindPerspectiveYoga

#04. 6 Simple tricks to a healthy lifestyle

It’s difficult for some of us to stick to a schedule, sometimes, we say “I’ll hit the gym tomorrow” and the next thing we know, summer is already here. Now, you’re thinking if it’s mandatory to work out an hour a day just to stay healthy? If yes, I don’t mind staying unfit. Let’s not do that. The following are some of the basic tips that will help you keep motivated to stay healthy without having to work out every day.

The stomach wants what it wants: Am I having enough food? Or am I over-eating? How am I supposed to know that? It’s really simple, just eat enough that you don’t feel hungry anymore. I’m not telling you to cut down on your diet or meal, just try to keep it moderate. A fluid (not water) along with your meal can really help with your diet. Also, eating on time is equally important.

Fruits a day, fatty-waistline away: Have as many seasonal fruits as you can. If nothing, you can have apples on a daily basis. Seasonal fruits are always recommended rather than having only selected fruits. Have fruits between your meals. The reason is simple every fruit has its own unique quality; like us, we all are unique individuals with different skills and expertise.

Good night, sleep tight: A good night’s sleep is very important to stay healthy and to carry out our daily work. The sleeping hours may vary from person to person. A salesman who performs physical work throughout a day might need more hours of sleep as compared to the one having a desk job. I believe 6 hours of sleep is a standard time to follow.  

Be mindful to be stomach-full: Have you ever noticed, it’s quite difficult to remember things we whilst you were multitasking. Make sure you don’t do that during your meal. Avoid chatting or watching videos on your tv, phone, laptops, etc. the nutrition that your body needs are in that food. Give a break to your hardworking brain. So, from here onwards try to have a meal in peace.

Measure your food, track your improvements: If you think diet is all about cutting down on your favorite foods, you couldn’t be more misguided. Diet nowadays mainly focuses on measurements. In simple words, if you had a cheese-loaded and dripping mayonnaise kind of pizza the other night, you need to avoid cheese, mayonnaise and other calorie-rich meal for the next day or two. Keep measuring.

Walk a mile or two: let’s face it if a diet is responsible for 80% of our weight loss regime. You need to follow the other 20% of the regime too. After all, we all know that the more you age, the less you should weigh. Just go for a brisk walk for 15 – 20 mins. That’s all you need to do. Walking works wonders.

It’s not necessary for you to join a gym and lift weights, some of us don’t like that and find it boring. In such cases, you can always go swimming, kickboxing, dancing, or any other physical activity that intrigues you. These are some of the small steps that you need to take for a healthy and peaceful lifestyle. If you follow these steps for at least a week then I’m sure you will definitely feel some positive changes within your body. If you do, don’t hesitate to write back to us.

Photo by Trang Doan from Pexels

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *